May 24, 2018
Verviers, Belgium, 18 May 2018 — Mercury Marine, the world leader in marine propulsion technology, today announced the addition of multiple new 4.6L V-8 Pro XS outboards from 200-300hp and an all- new 3.4L V-6 175hp Pro XS outboard. These powerful new engines expand Mercury’s offering for the competitive boater and represent the next generation of performance outboards.
“The unveiling of these powerful, high-horsepower Pro XS models culminates a process we began in 2016 to comprehensively elevate the entire Pro XS brand with engineering that delivers higher performance, better fuel economy, uncompromising reliability and durability in a light-weight four- stroke design,” said John Lasschuit, EMEA product manager. “We now have a complete family of top- performing Pro XS outboards from 115-300hp that the sport boater will love.”
New V-8 4.6L 200-300hp Pro XS
The new 200-300hp Pro XS models are built on Mercury’s new V-8 engine platform and boast a class- leading 4.6L powerhead that delivers phenomenal torque. During performance testing, the 250hp Pro XS set new standards for high performance, outpacing the leading competitor for heavy load acceleration and faster top speed, all while delivering up to 16 percent better fuel economy at cruise.
The 200-300hp Pro XS models also feature a robust 1.25-inch diameter prop shaft and are available with a next-generation Torque Master gearcase that offers a 1.75:1 gear ratio and low-water pickups on the nosecone for added mounting and trimming flexibility.
New V-6 3.4L 175hp Pro XS
The new 175hp Pro XS model is built on the North American Marine association’s Award winning 3.4- liter V-6 platform that Mercury introduced at the Miami and Helsinki Boat Show in February. Upholding the Pro XS hallmark of ultimate performance, Mercury engineered this large displacement engine to deliver higher maximum RPM at full throttle, while retaining the Mercury V-6 platform’s light weight and fuel economy.
Additional Intuitive Features
• Digital controls: Standard for 200-300hp Pro XS models.
• Standard Fuel: Both V-8 and V-6 Pro XS deliver peak performance and reliability on regular fuel.
• Advanced Range Optimization improves cruise-speed fuel efficiency by automatically adjusting fuel delivery so seamlessly the operator won’t feel or hear it.
• Idle Charge battery-management: When battery voltage is low, the engine will automatically increase idle RPM’s to boost alternator output and recharge batteries to the proper level, protecting operators from draining their battery while trolling
• Electronic Oil Level Sensor: Optional electronic oil level sensor automatically alerts operator to low oil level.
• Top Cowl Service Door simplifies routine maintenance with easy oil checks and oil fills without removing the cowl. The Top Cowl Service Door also houses the latch release and a carrying handle.
• Easy Maintenance: A graphic, hour-based maintenance decal, no-spill oil drain & filter, color- coded maintenance points, and Mercury’s maintenance-free valve-train all make owning the new V-8 and V-6 engines stress free.
• Adaptive Speed Control: Pro XS outboards automatically maintain a desired rpm regardless of changes in load resulting in increased throttle response and a “sportier” feel for the driver.
• Pro Black Accent Panel: personalize your Pro XS outboard with a factory-painted Pro Black accent panel. Made of thin and durable polycarbonate that adheres firmly to the cowl, the panel is available from your local Mercury dealer for 175-300hp Pro XS models.