Mar 28, 2019
Mercury Marine is pleased to announce the launch of the new MerCruiser V8 6.2L 370hp Jet Ready inboard engine. The new Jet Power Inboard uses MerCruiser’s 6.2L small block V8 powerplant in an inboard configuration and has a tailstock in place of a transmission to allow for an easy connection to a jet pump via a jackshaft.
“This engine provides boat builders, dealers and consumers with a Mercury inboard jet option that provides easy integration with a jet pump, a full warranty on jet applications and enables consumers to leverage Mercury’s best-in-class dealer network for service,” said Kris Neff, Mercury Marine vice president of global category management.
The Jet Power inboard, available only in drive-line applications, boasts exceptional control with Adaptive Speed Control and a quiet ride with an aft facing throttle body. The engine brings MerCruiser’s built for the water design to inboard jet applications which results in better durability and easier maintenance.
Additional attributes that set the MerCruiser V8 6.2L Jet Power 370hp Inboard engine apart:
• Smooth and Quiet. Aft-facing throttle body reduces intake noise; and optimized engine mounts isolate undesirable vibration, producing class-leading NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) qualities;
• Easy-to-maintain. Top-front mounted service points make it easy to service your engine;
• Adaptive Speed Control maintains engine rpm no matter the conditions, so you’ll be making fewer throttle adjustments;
• Serviceable at Mercury dealers around the globe;
• Reliability backed by a comprehensive stem-to-stern warranty on all Mercury components for worry-free boating.
The Jet Power inboard engine has been present at several West Coast shows this boat show season and will be available for sale in May.
Every MerCruiser Jet Power Inboard comes with Mercury Marine’s class-leading corrosion protection. Peace of mind comes standard thanks to Mercury’s industry-exclusive three-year limited corrosion warranty. MerCruiser Jet Power Inboard also carry a three-year factory limited warranty. An additional year of factory limited warranty is applied if the engine is installed by an IQ certified boat manufacturer.