Feb 13, 2020
Dear Valued PORTS Reader:
Since 1984 PORTS Cruising Guides have been the cruising boater’s essential companion. But now PORTS has added a digital platform so that boaters can download the volume onto one tablet. Purchasers of the guide can now also subscribe to amendments to get updates as information changes. This makes PORTS even more valuable.
The first of the new generation is the new 2020 PORTS Georgian Bay, the North Channel & Lake Huron Cruising Guide. In addition to the print guide, you get the new mobile app which you receive FREE with your purchase!
To access instructions to download the guide, scan the QR code in your guide using your mobile device camera or click on www.portsbooks.com/products/ and follow the instructions for Apple/iOS or Android.
The APP: Here’s how it works
1. The unique code is useable on a single device. Please ensure you chose a device that you will bring with you to your boat such a tablet. Phones are not recommended.
2. If you own an Apple product go to the App Store. If you own an Android product go to Google Play.
3. In the App Store or Google Play search “PORTS Cruising”.
4. Download the FREE app.
5. Once the app is downloaded, go to Login and enter the “unique code” provided on the note found inside your new printed PORTS cover. Be sure to save this unique code in case you are ever logged out in future.
6. You will then have the option to “View” or “Download”. Viewing will allow you to read your Ports guide when connected to Wi-Fi or data. If you wish to have access to the full guide without internet access, download in advance. The guide will then be accessible from your device at any time.
After you have purchased a guide, you can subscribe to receive amendments and updates so your guide remains current, making it a single source for everything needed to cruise – where to dock, what to do, where to eat, where to find fuel, where to shop, where to anchor and where to find the best deals on groceries and supplies. It’s like having your own private concierge, everywhere you go!
For updates and to purchase PORTS Guides: Lake Ontario & The Thousand Islands Rideau Canal & The Lower Ottawa River Trent Severn & Lake Simcoe please visit portsbooks.com.