Dec 3, 2020
The environmental session from our October 23rd 2020 AGM was recorded and can be watched at this link.
The session features an introduction by Jack Adams, Chair of the Environmental Committee and content by Jackie Hildering in which she outlines how to safely share the waters with our giant neighbours: whales. In addition to being a member of CPS-ECP’s National Environmental Committee, Jackie is Humpback Whale researcher and co-founder and Education and Communications Director of the Marine Education & Research Society
Further content is provided by Jennifer Pate, Commander and Environmental Officer of the Goderich Squadron and co-founder of the Love your Greats initiative. Jen walks you through CPS’s #BoatBlue campaign and invites everyone to take part in the discussion around CPS’s environmental goals. Watch the session, participate in the #BoatBlue campaign on social media, and read our Boat Blue guides here.
The aims of the Boat Blue Campaign are:
• Environmental protection as a key aspect of the culture of CPS-ECP
• Promotion & use of the guides
• Engage Environmental Officers to build policies and procedures in Squadrons
• Create and share environmental content on social media, magazines and website
• Course content to include federal lows relevant to boater and environmental safety
• Promote environmental action by existing members and attract new members through engagement