Oct 25, 2018
The Lake Ontario Cruising Club Association (LOCCA) will be holding its next meeting from 0900 to 1200 on Sunday, November 4, 2019 at ABYC.
LOCCA enhances and supports yacht club cruising programs, provides a platform to discuss issues of importance to boaters, their respective yacht clubs and to hosting clubs, as well as coordinate club cruises on the greater Lake Ontario. LOCCA will strive to be inclusive in order to address the issues of all boaters.
LOCCA’s membership is yacht clubs. To join, clubs
-Must be a registered Not-For-Profit
-Must have an active cruising and / or racing program
-Must provide for a facility for members and visitors to use
-Must offer a reciprocal program to other YCs
-YC must be a member of Sail Canada/Ontario Sailing or US Sailing
LOCCA’s short-term deliverables for member Yacht Clubs are:
• Individualized web based integrated & interactive cruising schedules for member clubs and individual boaters; www.locca.org
• Dedicated web pages that provide the following club specific information:
◦ Names and contacts of the Cruising Fleet Directors, gas dock attendants, club manager, facilities manager etc.,
◦ Reciprocal policies,
◦ Key phone numbers,
◦ Facilities available to visiting boaters,
◦ Boating (depth etc) and other club restrictions,
◦ Link to the yacht club web sites,
• Electronic LOCCA newsletter.
LOCCA will take advantage of new technologies to create a web-based virtual organization thereby creating an environment whereby the executive team, the membership, the Cruising Fleet Captains and the individual boater can work or consult directly online thus avoiding the need for face time meetings.
Chair, and founder of LOCCA