July 23, 2020
If your organization has had to cancel events this summer, but you’re still looking for a way to keep your club members engaged, why not join National Vintage* Boating Day – Saturday, August 8, 10:30 a.m. to noon (local time). The goal is to have as many vintage* boats on the water at the same time in a variety of locations. No registration is required.
Routes have already been developed for Lake Muskoka, Lake Rosseau, and Gloucester Pool, as well as Pigeon Lake in the Kawaratha Lakes. Plans are underway for the Lake of Bays. More route information will be published as it becomes available.
Here’s what you need to do to be part of this amazing event:
• Reach out to your club members to see who is willing to plan a route.
• Begin at a common starting point or arrange to meet in one location at the end of the trip.
• Choose locations that are easily accessible to a number of people with a minimum of trailering.
• Share that information on your club’s social media and with local media and Chambers of Commerce.
• Share route information with us if you’d like us to promote it as well.
• Get out on the water and have fun while still maintaining social distancing.
We hope your group will join in on August 8, and we’d appreciate it if you’d share your plans. Please note that while we are helping to spread the word, this is not an ACBS-Toronto sanctioned event. You may contact Kathy Rhodes (Toronto ACBS) with questions (email Kathy).
*Vintage boats include any boat built up to and including 1991, or any wooden boat.
National Vintage* Boating Day
August 8, 2020
10:30 a.m. to noon (local time)