Mosquito Creek Marina presents the 8th Annual Boat Show at The Creek. The Creek is owned and operated by the Squamish Nation Marine Group and the Boat Show runs from September 18-24, 2014. With over 160 boats displayed along 2,500 feet of dock space, 70 display booths and broker hospitality tents and demonstration slips for sea trials, there is plenty to see and do at The Creek!
The Boat Show at The Creek is very much a buyer's show. Whether you are in the market for a new or previously owned power or sailing yacht, the latest in marine electronics or accessories, or need to update your insurance policy, there are experts on hand to answer your questions and provide assistance. Our tent-covered outdoor venue is designed for the boating enthusiast who wants the opportunity to personally engage with the brokers, vendors, and suppliers who make up our show.
Boating is all about bringing friends and family together to have fun. In addition to the great buying opportunities this year’s brokers, vendors, and retailers will have for you, we also have some exciting events lined up: free boating seminars, sea trials and demonstrations, and the largest selection of sail and power boats on display at Vancouver's largest floating boat show at Mosquito Creek Marina.
Our 8th annual show offers more opportunities than ever for you, your family, and your friends to relax and get out on the water. Boarding Pass: $12/one-day, kids 12 and under go free.
Highlights of the 2014 Boat Show at The Creek
• On-site Customer Parking with shuttle service to overflow parking areas during peak hours, plus Valet Parking is available.
• Educational and Informational Seminars will be held on Celebration on Water, a beautifully restored BC Ferry permanently moored at the marina.
• A PA System spanning the entire show area will provide regular updates on demonstrations and seminars so you won’t miss a favourite activity.
• The Beer Garden and Food Court will be open daily.
• There will be a daily Open House for the Spirit Trail Ocean Homes, our new floating home community.
• Boat Show at The Creek is a family-friendly event and features our annual 'Duck-Off Competition'.
• Quiet Rooms onboard Celebration on Water will be available to facilitate private discussions between brokers and clients.
• Slips on the north (open water) side of the ferry have been set aside for sea trials and demonstrations.
• Moorage is available for people who come to the show by boat: $25 per 'boat load' per day, reservations required.
• Arrangements have been made with the North Shore Barking Lot so your canine family members can have as much fun as the two-legged ones.
Mosquito Creek Marina and the Squamish Nation
Boat Show at The Creek is hosted by Mosquito Creek Marina, located on Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumix (Squamish Nation) territory. The Squamish Nation is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal peoples who lived in the present day Greater Vancouver District, Gibson’s Landing, and the Squamish River watershed. The Skwxwú7mesh people have occupied and governed their territory since beyond recorded history and believe that harvesting nature’s gifts and using them for shelter, warmth, sustenance, and beauty requires specialized skills bestowed by the creator. First Nation cultural events at the show will showcase some of our local artists and artisans. There will be singers, drummers, and dancers performing opening ceremonies as well as hand-carved canoes on display.
Chatwilh (canoe builders) carved a range of canoes, some of them big enough (up to 45 feet in length) and sturdy enough to withstand the rough ocean waters of the Howe Sound and Georgia Strait. The canoes were expected to last 200 years or more with regular painting; the bigger vessels were very valuable and often given as gifts.