The largest and longest running “FREE” in-water boat show on the West coast!
Mar 21, 22, 23
Cap Sante Marina in quaint downtown Anacortes
10:00am – 5:00pm daily
Promoted by the Anacortes Yacht Brokers, Anacortes Marine Trades Association, Anacortes Chamber of Commerce, and Port of Anacortes.
• Free Parking
• Over 100 boats – power & sail 20’ – 85’.
• Uplands Tent – housing dozens of aftermarket marine vendors, marine finance & insurance pros, rigging companies, sailmakers, and marine accessories vendors.
• Walking distance to downtown restaurants & micro brew pubs.
• “Banana Belt” weather patterns – typically sunny.
• Lots of hotel/motel/B&B options
• Charter Boat company offering overnight stays on charter vessels.
Complimentary Sat night wine & cheese party
Tom and Kathleen Kjaersgaard
When we (an Ontario couple) both raised sailing on the Great Lakes and Lake Simcoe, decided to pack up and move our lives and careers to Cochrane, Alberta (minutes West of Calgary) in 2013, our rationalization banter went a bit like this:
“OK, considering that it’s Alberta…not a boating paradise… let’s just embrace the change. Sell the boat (our much loved Olson 25) and then we’ll just move-on and pursue other hobbies. How about golfing more maybe? We’ve pretty much ignored golf for the last 15 years right? So we agree - we’ll replace the boating with golfing and who knows what other Alberta adventures on the weekends.”
Read more about Ghost Lake...
As a semi-recent transplant to the Pacific Northwest from New England’s historic waters, I was thrilled to learn that the boating season here in Seattle is much longer than it is back East, provided, of course, that your boat is up to the task. While our summer months here at 48 degrees north are characterized by massive high-pressure systems that park-up over the Olympic Peninsula and Vancouver Island, delivering bluebird days that are void of any real breeze, our fall, winter and spring months offer plenty of pressure...
Read more: Hanse 575